When most people think about motion detection, they think of the security aspect. While this is an important factor, we are going to explore motion detection for automation and control. In my video about the smart garage door opener, I showed you a robot that turns on my garage light when the garage door opens.
Product review of the Chamberlain MyQ Wireless Garage Door Opener. This wifi enabled smart home opener can connect into your Wink or other smart home hub to allow you to have full control over your garage door from anywhere in the world through your smart phone. The MyQ add-on is perfect for DIY installation. In fact, it is so simple that any do it yourselfer can handle the task. Monitor the position of the garage door through the MyQ app or your Wink App, and close the door if you accidently left it open after leaving home.
- Remotely monitor movement inside your home with Simply installation and setup – no drilling required.
- Pet forgiveness allows for three different modes controlled by internal jumper
- Compatible Controllers: SmartThings, Staples Connect, Vera, HomeSeer, Nexia and Piper
- Includes 3V CR123A Battery which can last up to 6 years
Compatible with Wink when used as a Zwave Sensor
Today we are going to look at the Yonomi Skill and how that will allow you to unlock your smart door locks using Amazon Echo voice commands.
Step by step DIY installation instructions for the Leviton VRS15-1LZ In-Wall Smart Switch. This zwave wall switch is an elegant addition to your home automation project and it connects easily to your Wink Hub or SmartThings controller.
- High-strength, heat treated chrome vanadium steel shafts
- Corrosion-resistant chrome plated finish
- Comfortable handles with non-slip rubber grips
- Swivel end cap allows constant finger pressure while driving
- Magnetized tips prevent dropped fasteners
Today we are going to use the Yonomi app to better integrate Alexa with your smart home hub. The Amazon Echo is probably one of the coolest new smart home tech devices. Today we are going to look at how you can make the Echo even smarter using the Yonomi Skill and the Latest enhancements to the Wink Skill.
Today we are going to explore the find function on the Tile Key Finder. In other words, if you lose your stuff, and I mean, really lose it, what are your chances of ever getting it back!
If you’re not sure what these things do, their purpose is to help you find stuff you lose. The idea is this: Attach it to something, synch it to an app on your phone and never lose that stuff again. If you do lose it, mark it as “lost” in the app, and every other phone in the world that has the tracking app will keep an eye out for your stuff using .
For those days when the remote control seems to have walked off the face of the planet, there’s Tile. Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker and easy-to-use app that locates everyday items-like your phone, keys, and wallet-in seconds. Spend less time exploring that lost world behind your seat cushions and more time doing the things you love. Never worry about charging or replacing the battery for at least a year – it just works with zero upkeep.
- Tile Is a Tiny Bluetooth Tracker and Easy-to-use App That Finds Your Phone, Keys, and Anything You Don’t Want to Lose-in Seconds.
- Attach a Tile to an Item and Locate It by Sound, by Seeing Its Last Known Location on a Map, or by Marking It as “lost” and Getting an Alert When It’s Found.
- Find Your Phone! Simply Press Tile to Make Your Lost Phone Ring-even If It’s on Silent. Keep Track of Phones, Tablets, Keys, Wallets, Luggage, Purses, Backpacks, Cameras, Remote Controls, Kids Toys, and More.
- Compatible with iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, iPad- 3rd Gen, 4th Gen, Air, Pro, iPad Mini, Apple Watch (your iPhone 5 or later must be running iOS 8.2 or higher to support the Apple Watch), iPod Touch 5th gen,Samsung Galaxy: S5, S6,Note 4, OnePlus One, HTC One M8, HTC One, LG Nexus: 4, 5, 6, Motorola Moto X, Moto G.