Today, we’re going to look at how one smart home enthusiast has used the best smart home tech to create a remarkable experience. Over the past year, I’ve been releasing DIY smart home how to videos and home automation reviews.
Setup & review of the iHome isp5 and iHome isp8 smart plug in modules. As a bonus, we’ll compare this plug in module to the WeMo and TP-Link wifi switches. To date, all of my reviews have been z-wave modules that require a smart home hub like the Wink Hub 2 or Samsung SmartThings.
Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat. Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls. Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app – works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more.
- Control your lights from anywhere within your home with the Pico remote
- Works with 600 watts of incandescent/halogen, 150 watts of dimmable LED/CFL
- For use in multi-location applications, replace existing switch with included Pico remote control
- Works with the Lutron Smart Bridge or the WINK hub
- Works with Alexa, Apple Homekit, NEST, Honeywell, Logitech, Serena shades and more
- In-wall dimmer kit includes (1) wireless dimmer, (1) Pico remote control and (1) coordinating screw less wall plate
- White Neutral Wire not required for installation
Use smart home automation to help people with disabilities. In this episode, we help Bob, a quadriplegic, simplify his life with the use of smart home tech. Being disabled shouldn’t mean that accessibility is sacrificed, not in today’s day and age. Today we discuss how a simple solution using the Samsung SmartThings hub 2.0, GE In-Wall Smart Switches, the Logitech Harmony Hub and an Amazon Echo Dot can be a low cost setup to improve accessibility for those in wheelchairs or assisted living situations.
- Harmony Hub Included
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app – works with over 270,000 devices
- Model: 915-000239 (Control up to 8 Devices). Please refer to the system requirements mentioned in this page.
The @OSRAMAmericas #Lightify A19 Full Color LED Smart Light Bulb is an easy #DIY setup. The Osram Sylvania line is a solid alternative to the Philips Hue line of smart LED lighting. Whether you are looking to enhance your smart home or just add intelligent accent lighting, smart lighting is the way to go. With the Osram Lightify, you have a choice of using the Lightify Gateway or connecting directly to the Wink Hub. This is not an option with the Philips Hue, which always requires the Hue Bridge.
The Amazon Echo has been rapidly gaining in popularity and it’s hard to ignore all the buzz. If you’re like a lot of people that I talk to, you wondering if it’s the right thing for you. The fact is, if you don’t have an Echo, it may be a bit difficult to think about what you would do with one.
The Amazon Echo Dot version 2 point 0 has just been released. Today we are going to add three of them into my house and see how these little guys can improve my Alexa experience. Stay tuned.
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
- Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot