- Wink allows your diverse collection of smart products to speak the same wireless language so you can easily control them from the free Wink app
- Auto-discovery and a revamped setup process make getting your smart home up and running easier than ever
- A more powerful Wi-Fi radio and Ethernet port connect your products smoothly, while a stronger processor and more memory make your smart home faster
- For owners of the original Wink Hub upgrading to Wink Hub 2, you can easily transfer your ecosystem of connected products using the Wink app in under a minute
- Sleek, modern industrial design of Hub 2 makes it worthy of standing alone on your coffee table or bookshelf
Connected Life, Connected Home, Connected Lights.
In previous videos we’ve talked about In Wall Switches and Plug In modules. There’s another device on the market that can help solve lighting problems.
- Compatible with Wink App and Amazon Echo (requires Wink HUB)
- Provides 800 lumens of light output
- 1 bulb per package with 2700K light appearance
- 2700K soft white light appearance
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required and is sold separately)
Here are the essential videos you should watch to get started setting up your smart home.
1. The first thing you will need is a hub. There are many on the market today. I personally use the Wink Hub. Here is an overview of the Wink Hub from CNet.
2. Once you have your hub, you will need something to control. Here is my personal top 5 list of Smart Home devices.
3. To get your feet wet, I recommend that you start with a simple plugin module. They are the easiest to install. From there you will get plenty of ideas for what to do next. A look at two types of plugin modules can be found here.
4. And finally, here are more getting started videos:
- Flexible form that bends into circular, semi-circular, and zig-zag shapes.
- Six outlet pods, which can be adjusted so that large power bricks don’t hog space.
- ETL-certified surge protection up to 672 joules, with an easy off/reset button.
- Adjusts so you can utilize all six outlet pods.
- Bends to fit around furniture and in tight spaces.
- Smart technology – Turn two outlets on or off remotely from an app on your mobile device. This can be manual or scheduled automatically from anywhere at anytime
- Surge protection – No sparks! Unwanted spikes in voltage don’t stand a chance against Pivot Power Genius’s 1080 joules of rock-solid surge protection
- Turn two outlets on or off remotely from an app on your mobile device. This can be manual or scheduled automatically from anywhere at anytime.
- Four pivoting outlets accommodate plugs and adapters of all shapes and sizes.
In this episode we will perform a full product review of the Sun Joe MJ401E Electronic Lawn Mower. It may look like a toy, but this is a little giant of a machine. We will show you the good and the bad, but in the end, you will see why this is a new device worth looking at.
- The Sun Joe Mow Joe uses a powerful, 12 amp, electric motor to quickly and efficiently mow your lawn
- Easy push button start; no messy oils or gasoline
- Three-position height adjustment up to 2-2/5 inches
- Compact design is easy to maneuver and takes up less storage space
- Hard-top grass catcher detaches easily for convenient disposal
- Monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone.
- Choose to receive alerts/notifications on your smartphone when you garage door opens and closes.
- Works with most brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors.
- Installs in minutes and works with your home’s Wi-Fi, via the FREE Chamberlain MyQ Garage App.
- Included: Wi-Fi Hub, Power Cord, Mounting Bracket, Door Sensor, Instructions for FREE App download.
In today’s episode we are going to compare GE, Leviton, and Lutron smart switches, both dimming and non-dimming. When selecting a wall switch for your smart home, it is important to know what type of switch you need and what look you want.