The best advice I can give is to watch this video.
If you’re looking for a checklist of things to try without watching the video, here you go:
- Check for device specific instructions on the Hubitat List of Compatible Devices page (https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices)
- Make sure you perform a Device Exclusion – this is important each time you try to pair a new device or a device that has been paired before. This solves the problem 90% of the time.
- Repeaters and Range Extenders are no help for exclusion. You may need to bring the device close to the hub to exclude. Instructions are in the video.
- Make sure you have hard-wired Z-Wave Plus devices near the hub. The best option is to have an Aeotec Range Extender 6 within 3-6 feet of the Hubitat for optimal performance.
- More detailed instructions for solving issues are in the video.