The most common question I get is “can I use a regular 3 way switch with a smart switch”. In this video, I answer this question as well as review some non-standard wiring configurations for 3-way switches. Also, at the end, I go over how to wire in a 4 way smart switch.
Trying to figure out where to start your smart home.Today we are going to review Part 2 of how to start your smart home with Lighting and Switches.
In Part 1 of the how to start your smart home series we talked about the need for a smart hub. In that video I mentioned that a great place to start your DIY smart home automation was with lighting. The reason for this is because lighting is the most versatile of all smart home features.
Setup & review of the iHome isp5 and iHome isp8 smart plug in modules. As a bonus, we’ll compare this plug in module to the WeMo and TP-Link wifi switches. To date, all of my reviews have been z-wave modules that require a smart home hub like the Wink Hub 2 or Samsung SmartThings.
DIY installation of the Lutron Caseta In Wall Wireless Smart Switch Dimmer. This video will explain how to install, setup and configure the switch in a single and 3-way switch installation. At the end of the video I will connect both the smart switch and the pico remote into the Wink Hub 2 using the Wink App.
- Control your lights from anywhere within your home with the Pico remote
- Works with 600 watts of incandescent/halogen, 150 watts of dimmable LED/CFL
- For use in multi-location applications, replace existing switch with included Pico remote control
- Works with the Lutron Smart Bridge or the WINK hub
- Works with Alexa, Apple Homekit, NEST, Honeywell, Logitech, Serena shades and more
- In-wall dimmer kit includes (1) wireless dimmer, (1) Pico remote control and (1) coordinating screw less wall plate
- White Neutral Wire not required for installation
The @OSRAMAmericas #Lightify A19 Full Color LED Smart Light Bulb is an easy #DIY setup. The Osram Sylvania line is a solid alternative to the Philips Hue line of smart LED lighting. Whether you are looking to enhance your smart home or just add intelligent accent lighting, smart lighting is the way to go. With the Osram Lightify, you have a choice of using the Lightify Gateway or connecting directly to the Wink Hub. This is not an option with the Philips Hue, which always requires the Hue Bridge.
- 60W equivalent bulb
- Full RGBW control
- Requires a Zigbee Hub
- Works with Wink Hub
- Works with SmartThings Hub
Today we are going to install home theater accent lighting that can be controlled through your smart home hub and your Amazon Echo.
- Compatible with Wink App and Amazon Echo (requires Wink HUB)
- Provides 800 lumens of light output
- 1 bulb per package with 2700K light appearance
- 2700K soft white light appearance
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required and is sold separately)