When most people think about motion detection, they think of the security aspect. While this is an important factor, we are going to explore motion detection for automation and control. In my video about the smart garage door opener, I showed you a robot that turns on my garage light when the garage door opens.
- Remotely monitor movement inside your home with Simply installation and setup – no drilling required.
- Pet forgiveness allows for three different modes controlled by internal jumper
- Compatible Controllers: SmartThings, Staples Connect, Vera, HomeSeer, Nexia and Piper
- Includes 3V CR123A Battery which can last up to 6 years
Compatible with Wink when used as a Zwave Sensor
Step by step DIY installation instructions for the Leviton VRS15-1LZ In-Wall Smart Switch. This zwave wall switch is an elegant addition to your home automation project and it connects easily to your Wink Hub or SmartThings controller.
Connected Life, Connected Home, Connected Lights.
In previous videos we’ve talked about In Wall Switches and Plug In modules. There’s another device on the market that can help solve lighting problems.
- Easily control lighting with your mobile device or computer using any Z-Wave certified gateway, or control lighting on location with the manual push-button control or a Z-Wave certified remote
- White lighting control blends with most home decor, Can be controlled in groups of multiple lights or turned on or off within ambient interior lighting scenes
- Space-efficient, side-plug design does not block lower outlet or obstruct placement of furniture
- Features one always-on pass-through AC outlet and one Z-Wave enabled outlet
- Compatible with any Z-Wave certified gateway, providing remote access from many popular home automation systems and applications (application software not included)
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required)
Home Control Doesn’t Have To Be Complicated Or Expensive! VeraEdge gives you easy control over lights, cameras, thermostats, door locks and more. Whether you are just starting your smart home or already have smart home devices and want to unify them for control from a single easy to use app, VeraEdge is for you! Built-in Wi-Fi, includes Internet cable and power supply, plus complete, easy to follow instructions. The VeraEdge Controller is the ideal hub or “”nerve center”” for your smart home!. The Most Advanced Home Controller Is Also The Easiest To Use!
The Fibaro Home Center 2 is a high end Home Automation hub.
Touch Panel Switch for use with Aeon Labs’ Z-Wave Micro controllers Aeon Labs’s Touch Panel for Micro range is a series of elegant, touch-sensitive switches that can be used as an accessory to control Aeon Labs’ range of in-wall, Z-Wave Micro controllers. With their smooth glass fronts and brushed aluminium sides, each Touch Panel brings subtle, modern aesthetics to the humble wall switch and is capable of controlling individual appliances, lights or motors or entire Z-Wave scenes. Each switch in the Touch Panel for Micro range is flat and does not recess into the gang box, thus leaving more room for the Micro and a neater installation.
In this episode, we look at the problems with off-the-shelf power strips when trying to deal with modern smart devices. The Quirky Power Genius is worthy of exploration.
- Smart technology – Turn two outlets on or off remotely from an app on your mobile device. This can be manual or scheduled automatically from anywhere at anytime
- Surge protection – No sparks! Unwanted spikes in voltage don’t stand a chance against Pivot Power Genius’s 1080 joules of rock-solid surge protection
- Turn two outlets on or off remotely from an app on your mobile device. This can be manual or scheduled automatically from anywhere at anytime.
- Four pivoting outlets accommodate plugs and adapters of all shapes and sizes.