The smart home is growing in popularity. This video helps you start your smart home by helping you create a solid plan. Home automation is about more than just the gadgets. Sure you can go out and buy an Amazon Echo or a Google Home and stitch together a few devices. But if you want a real smart home, you need to look at a smart home hub. The video will make the case for a real hub, and discuss lighting options for your new automation experience.
The Gen 2 Wink Hub has recently been released and today we are going to do a full review and setup.
- Wink allows your diverse collection of smart products to speak the same wireless language so you can easily control them from the free Wink app
- Auto-discovery and a revamped setup process make getting your smart home up and running easier than ever
- A more powerful Wi-Fi radio and Ethernet port connect your products smoothly, while a stronger processor and more memory make your smart home faster
- For owners of the original Wink Hub upgrading to Wink Hub 2, you can easily transfer your ecosystem of connected products using the Wink app in under a minute
- Sleek, modern industrial design of Hub 2 makes it worthy of standing alone on your coffee table or bookshelf
Wireless Z-Wave passive infrared motion detector, 120 degree detection angle, heat rise temperature alert, LED activity indicator, tamper switch, supports up to five Z-Wave associations.
Product review of the Chamberlain MyQ Wireless Garage Door Opener. This wifi enabled smart home opener can connect into your Wink or other smart home hub to allow you to have full control over your garage door from anywhere in the world through your smart phone. The MyQ add-on is perfect for DIY installation. In fact, it is so simple that any do it yourselfer can handle the task. Monitor the position of the garage door through the MyQ app or your Wink App, and close the door if you accidently left it open after leaving home.
- Monitor, open and close a second garage door with MyQ Garage (MYQ-G0201 – Sold Separately).
- MyQ Garage Wi-Fi Hub (MYQ-G0201) is limited to two garage door openers.
- Mounts to inside top panel of garage door opener and is added to MyQ account through the MyQ App.
- Install in minutes.
- Includes: door sensor, adhesive/screws for mounting and instructions for adding to your MyQ account.