What smart wall switch is the best? Today we are going to compare and review the Zooz, GE, Leviton, and Lutron smart switches, both dimming and non-dimming.
Z-wave vs. Wi-Fi, that is the question. Do you need a hub or go hubless? In this eppisode we will review 12 different smart plug in modules from 9 different manufacturers. Go over the pros and cons of each and show what they look like in an outlet. All of these plugs work with the Amazon Echo. Some of these will work with the Wink Hub, SmartThings and IFTTT.
Step by step DIY 3 way switch installation instructions for your GE or Leviton Z-wave smart switch. Smart home automation would not be complete without a 3 way switch. Today we will go through the details of installing a zwave 3 way dimmer switch. The instructions are the same for a non-dimming zwave 3 way switch installation. Light and fans are often controlled with three-way switches, so if you are installing smart switches, this will be a must.
Today we are going to install home theater accent lighting that can be controlled through your smart home hub and your Amazon Echo.
Works with Alexa for voice control (hub Required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- White lighting control matches most standard wall plates (wall plate not included)
- Easily locate the receptacle in a dark room with the integrated blue LED indicator
- Features one always-on pass-through AC outlet and one Z-Wave enabled outlet
- Compatible with incandescent, fluorescent, compact fluorescent, xenon, halogen and LED lighting up to 600 watts
- Compatible with any Z-Wave certified gateway, providing access from many popular home automation systems and applications (application software not included)
- Can be controlled in groups of multiple lights or turned on or off within ambient interior lighting scenes.
- Compatible with Wink App and Amazon Echo (requires Wink HUB)
- Provides 800 lumens of light output
- 1 bulb per package with 2700K light appearance
- 2700K soft white light appearance
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required and is sold separately)
Today we are going to look at the GE 12719 Plug In Appliance Module and see how it compares with the Leviton Plug In Appliance Module.
In this episode, we look at the problems with off-the-shelf power strips when trying to deal with modern smart devices. The Quirky Power Genius is worthy of exploration.
- Smart technology – Turn two outlets on or off remotely from an app on your mobile device. This can be manual or scheduled automatically from anywhere at anytime
- Surge protection – No sparks! Unwanted spikes in voltage don’t stand a chance against Pivot Power Genius’s 1080 joules of rock-solid surge protection
- Turn two outlets on or off remotely from an app on your mobile device. This can be manual or scheduled automatically from anywhere at anytime.
- Four pivoting outlets accommodate plugs and adapters of all shapes and sizes.
Today we are installing two GE 12722 in wall smart switches, side by side in a two-gang switch box. You will need tools for this episode, including a phillips screw driver, flat-head screw driver, small flat-head jeweler’s screw driver, and a pair of plyers. It’s a good idea to have extra wire nuts and a pair of wire strippers. To ensure you have a good understanding of the switch, you will find a detailed overview of the switch and a detailed explanation of the terms used by the manufacturers instructions.