The smart home is growing in popularity. This video helps you start your smart home by helping you create a solid plan. Home automation is about more than just the gadgets. Sure you can go out and buy an Amazon Echo or a Google Home and stitch together a few devices. But if you want a real smart home, you need to look at a smart home hub. The video will make the case for a real hub, and discuss lighting options for your new automation experience.
The @OSRAMAmericas #Lightify A19 Full Color LED Smart Light Bulb is an easy #DIY setup. The Osram Sylvania line is a solid alternative to the Philips Hue line of smart LED lighting. Whether you are looking to enhance your smart home or just add intelligent accent lighting, smart lighting is the way to go. With the Osram Lightify, you have a choice of using the Lightify Gateway or connecting directly to the Wink Hub. This is not an option with the Philips Hue, which always requires the Hue Bridge.
The Amazon Echo has been rapidly gaining in popularity and it’s hard to ignore all the buzz. If you’re like a lot of people that I talk to, you wondering if it’s the right thing for you. The fact is, if you don’t have an Echo, it may be a bit difficult to think about what you would do with one.
Today we are going to install home theater accent lighting that can be controlled through your smart home hub and your Amazon Echo.
The Gen 2 Wink Hub has recently been released and today we are going to do a full review and setup.
The Amazon Echo Dot version 2 point 0 has just been released. Today we are going to add three of them into my house and see how these little guys can improve my Alexa experience. Stay tuned.
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
- Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
Today we are going to look at the Yonomi Skill and how that will allow you to unlock your smart door locks using Amazon Echo voice commands.
Today we are going to use the Yonomi app to better integrate Alexa with your smart home hub. The Amazon Echo is probably one of the coolest new smart home tech devices. Today we are going to look at how you can make the Echo even smarter using the Yonomi Skill and the Latest enhancements to the Wink Skill.
Tired of losing your keys, wallet, or phone? Make misplacing your belongings a thing of the past with TrackR bravo! Attach the coin-sized TrackR bravo to any item – then use the TrackR app to locate it in seconds. Quickly ring a missing wallet around the home or press the button on the TrackR to ring your phone on silent mode. TrackR’s Crowd GPS Network enables you to even recover lost or stolen items on a map with GPS updates when another user walks by your missing item.
- Quickly ring your lost item through the TrackR app
- Pressing the button on the TrackR device makes your phone ring even on silent mode
- Two-way separation alerts remind you to grab items before you leave them behind