Review and setup the Logitech Harmony Hub, connect it to the Amazon Echo Dot to control Vizio 4K display and home entertainment center. In a previous video I talked about the various ways that you can use the Amazon Echo Dot to stream Amazon Prime Music to a surround sound system using a bluetooth connection. To solve this problem, I’m going to add the Logitech Harmony Hub to my home entertainment system.
Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat. Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls. Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app – works with over 270,000 devices, including your TV, satellite or cable box, blu-ray player, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, game consoles, Philips Hue lights, and more.
Stringify is a cloud based application that can act as an intelligent service broker to improve your smart home automation. The video explains the differences between IFTTT and Stringify as well as helping you set up a basic flow with multiple constraints, triggers and actions. Stringify can be linked to the Wink Hub 2 and SmartThings to enhance shortcuts, robots and routines. You can also use the app to trigger really cool things using the Amazon Echo Dot.
DIY installation of the Lutron Caseta In Wall Wireless Smart Switch Dimmer. This video will explain how to install, setup and configure the switch in a single and 3-way switch installation. At the end of the video I will connect both the smart switch and the pico remote into the Wink Hub 2 using the Wink App.
- Control your lights from anywhere within your home with the Pico remote
- Works with 600 watts of incandescent/halogen, 150 watts of dimmable LED/CFL
- For use in multi-location applications, replace existing switch with included Pico remote control
- Works with the Lutron Smart Bridge or the WINK hub
- Works with Alexa, Apple Homekit, NEST, Honeywell, Logitech, Serena shades and more
- In-wall dimmer kit includes (1) wireless dimmer, (1) Pico remote control and (1) coordinating screw less wall plate
- White Neutral Wire not required for installation
Use smart home automation to help people with disabilities. In this episode, we help Bob, a quadriplegic, simplify his life with the use of smart home tech. Being disabled shouldn’t mean that accessibility is sacrificed, not in today’s day and age. Today we discuss how a simple solution using the Samsung SmartThings hub 2.0, GE In-Wall Smart Switches, the Logitech Harmony Hub and an Amazon Echo Dot can be a low cost setup to improve accessibility for those in wheelchairs or assisted living situations.
- Harmony Hub Included
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Use your Smartphone (with available app) or included Harmony Remote for one-touch control of your entertainment system and home automation devices such as Philips Hue lights or Nest Learning Thermostat
- Companion remote includes full featured home entertainment controls including dedicated home automation controls
- Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls
- Simple setup on computer or the available smartphone app – works with over 270,000 devices
- Model: 915-000239 (Control up to 8 Devices). Please refer to the system requirements mentioned in this page.
The smart home is growing in popularity. This video helps you start your smart home by helping you create a solid plan. Home automation is about more than just the gadgets. Sure you can go out and buy an Amazon Echo or a Google Home and stitch together a few devices. But if you want a real smart home, you need to look at a smart home hub. The video will make the case for a real hub, and discuss lighting options for your new automation experience.
The @OSRAMAmericas #Lightify A19 Full Color LED Smart Light Bulb is an easy #DIY setup. The Osram Sylvania line is a solid alternative to the Philips Hue line of smart LED lighting. Whether you are looking to enhance your smart home or just add intelligent accent lighting, smart lighting is the way to go. With the Osram Lightify, you have a choice of using the Lightify Gateway or connecting directly to the Wink Hub. This is not an option with the Philips Hue, which always requires the Hue Bridge.
- 60W equivalent bulb
- Full RGBW control
- Requires a Zigbee Hub
- Works with Wink Hub
- Works with SmartThings Hub