Review and comparison of the 9 BEST SmartThings compatible Z-wave plus motion sensors.
Review and comparison of the 9 BEST Wink Hub 2 compatible Z-wave plus motion sensors.
The Gen 2 Wink Hub has recently been released and today we are going to do a full review and setup.
- Wink allows your diverse collection of smart products to speak the same wireless language so you can easily control them from the free Wink app
- Auto-discovery and a revamped setup process make getting your smart home up and running easier than ever
- A more powerful Wi-Fi radio and Ethernet port connect your products smoothly, while a stronger processor and more memory make your smart home faster
- For owners of the original Wink Hub upgrading to Wink Hub 2, you can easily transfer your ecosystem of connected products using the Wink app in under a minute
- Sleek, modern industrial design of Hub 2 makes it worthy of standing alone on your coffee table or bookshelf
Today we are going to look at the Yonomi Skill and how that will allow you to unlock your smart door locks using Amazon Echo voice commands.
Today we are going to use the Yonomi app to better integrate Alexa with your smart home hub. The Amazon Echo is probably one of the coolest new smart home tech devices. Today we are going to look at how you can make the Echo even smarter using the Yonomi Skill and the Latest enhancements to the Wink Skill.
The DIY Smart Home Guy is adding a new water feature. In this episode we plan to hook this into our Wink smart home system and then into our Amazon Echo. To do this we will add a second GE Outdoor Zwave Smart Switch (GE 12720). We already have a fountain in the back yard. Our goal is to allow for independent control of each water feature as well as group control via the Echo.
Today we are going to talk about how you connect your Amazon Echo into a Wink Hub. You can connect the Echo to nearly any smart home hub, but since I have a Wink, we will be using that for the demonstration. After we go through the connection and the setup, we will do some demonstrations of how I have the device connected into my smart home by giving some simple commands. My wife will even give it a try with her Thai accent. You’ll be happy to know that my wife and Alexa get along just fine.
The Wink HUB allows your diverse collection of smart products to speak the same wireless language so you can easily control them-and customize their interactions-from the Wink App. The Wink app is a beautifully designed mobile app that keeps you connected to your home-no matter where you are.