Review of two smart power strips. The Quirky Pivot Power Genius and the Mengyasi Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip. Both are 4 outlet power strips that can be controlled with your smart phone or Amazon Alexa. The Quirky is a Z-wave Power Strip, while the Mengyasi is a Wi-Fi power strip.
- Smart Power Socket: This WIFI Smart Power Strip works with Amazon Alexa Echo to allow individual voice control, enables you to control your home appliance via your IOS/Android Smart phone or tablet wherever you are.
- Multi Smart Outlets: 4-outlet and 4-USB smart power strip for homes and offices, meet your daily need. Ideal for multi device, such as computer, laptop, indoor lights, space heaters, fans and other appliances at the same time.
- Remotely Wireless Control: Use the full control mode or control 4 sockets individually with your smart phone no matter where you are,but note that the 4 USB charging ports can only be controlled together.
- Free App Control: Plug a device, connect to your Wi-Fi network and download the free App(works with IOS8 or above / Android 4.1 or above).Support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, not support 5.0GHz. Then start a smart life with your smartphone or tablet.
- Multi Protection: Mengyasi Smart Socket with surge protection which will protect your devices in a safe charging condition against damage from overcharge. We offer 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and 30-day Money Back Guarantee, please purchase with confidence.
- [OVER-LOAD PROTECTED SWITCH]: 1875W/15A circuit breaker automatically breaks off when the current exceeds threshold, preventing plugged-in high temperature devices from fire, sparks or other damages
- [SURGE AND LIGHTING STRIKE PROTECTED]: Even when lightning strikes or when the dreaded blackout hits, the 4320 joules surge suppression rating protects your valuable electronic devices from voltage spikes, and power surges
- [STURDY 14AWG POWER CABLE]: 6-foot long means your devices will always be within reach, even if the socket isn’t. The extra thick and fire resistant cable effectively eliminates potential hazards like heat radiation, and keeps the watts going on and on
- [CHARGE ANYWHERE]: Specially designed with a metal mounting plate, strong adhesive tape and keyholes on the rear, easily mount it up on the wall or any surface securely, without damaging your gorgeous walls
- [RELIABLE AND DURABLE]: Premium 0.5mm phosphor unibody copper bar has strong electricity conductivity, 10000+ hot-swapping supported for UL498 certified AC outlets; 94V0 fireproof materials can bear high temperature up to 750℃
The most common question I get is “can I use a regular 3 way switch with a smart switch”. In this video, I answer this question as well as review some non-standard wiring configurations for 3-way switches. Also, at the end, I go over how to wire in a 4 way smart switch.
Trying to figure out where to start your smart home.Today we are going to review Part 2 of how to start your smart home with Lighting and Switches.
In Part 1 of the how to start your smart home series we talked about the need for a smart hub. In that video I mentioned that a great place to start your DIY smart home automation was with lighting. The reason for this is because lighting is the most versatile of all smart home features.
Setup & review of the iHome isp5 and iHome isp8 smart plug in modules. As a bonus, we’ll compare this plug in module to the WeMo and TP-Link wifi switches. To date, all of my reviews have been z-wave modules that require a smart home hub like the Wink Hub 2 or Samsung SmartThings.
Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control. Includes RF hand held remote. Allows others in the home to control connected devices without a smartphone. ( Remote works up to 35 feet away). Power monitoring feature, gives power consumption statistics for connected devices. ( Helps save money! ). Wi-Fi enabled. No Hub or monthly fees required. Control your plug globally with Wi-Fi access. Control lamps, space heaters, Air Conditioners, Fans, Holiday lighting and more up to 1800 Watts per plug.
Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control. Wi-Fi enabled. No Hub or monthly fees required. Control your plug globally with Wi-Fi access. Works with Apple HomeKit & Siri, Nest, Wink, Alexa and Smart Things platforms. Control lamps, space heaters, Air Conditioners, Fans, Holiday lighting and more up to 1800 Watts per plug.
DIY installation of the Lutron Caseta In Wall Wireless Smart Switch Dimmer. This video will explain how to install, setup and configure the switch in a single and 3-way switch installation. At the end of the video I will connect both the smart switch and the pico remote into the Wink Hub 2 using the Wink App.
- Control your lights from anywhere within your home with the Pico remote
- Works with 600 watts of incandescent/halogen, 150 watts of dimmable LED/CFL
- For use in multi-location applications, replace existing switch with included Pico remote control
- Works with the Lutron Smart Bridge or the WINK hub
- Works with Alexa, Apple Homekit, NEST, Honeywell, Logitech, Serena shades and more
- In-wall dimmer kit includes (1) wireless dimmer, (1) Pico remote control and (1) coordinating screw less wall plate
- White Neutral Wire not required for installation