Review of two smart power strips. The Quirky Pivot Power Genius and the Mengyasi Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip. Both are 4 outlet power strips that can be controlled with your smart phone or Amazon Alexa. The Quirky is a Z-wave Power Strip, while the Mengyasi is a Wi-Fi power strip.
- Smart Power Socket: This WIFI Smart Power Strip works with Amazon Alexa Echo to allow individual voice control, enables you to control your home appliance via your IOS/Android Smart phone or tablet wherever you are.
- Multi Smart Outlets: 4-outlet and 4-USB smart power strip for homes and offices, meet your daily need. Ideal for multi device, such as computer, laptop, indoor lights, space heaters, fans and other appliances at the same time.
- Remotely Wireless Control: Use the full control mode or control 4 sockets individually with your smart phone no matter where you are,but note that the 4 USB charging ports can only be controlled together.
- Free App Control: Plug a device, connect to your Wi-Fi network and download the free App(works with IOS8 or above / Android 4.1 or above).Support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, not support 5.0GHz. Then start a smart life with your smartphone or tablet.
- Multi Protection: Mengyasi Smart Socket with surge protection which will protect your devices in a safe charging condition against damage from overcharge. We offer 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and 30-day Money Back Guarantee, please purchase with confidence.
- [OVER-LOAD PROTECTED SWITCH]: 1875W/15A circuit breaker automatically breaks off when the current exceeds threshold, preventing plugged-in high temperature devices from fire, sparks or other damages
- [SURGE AND LIGHTING STRIKE PROTECTED]: Even when lightning strikes or when the dreaded blackout hits, the 4320 joules surge suppression rating protects your valuable electronic devices from voltage spikes, and power surges
- [STURDY 14AWG POWER CABLE]: 6-foot long means your devices will always be within reach, even if the socket isn’t. The extra thick and fire resistant cable effectively eliminates potential hazards like heat radiation, and keeps the watts going on and on
- [CHARGE ANYWHERE]: Specially designed with a metal mounting plate, strong adhesive tape and keyholes on the rear, easily mount it up on the wall or any surface securely, without damaging your gorgeous walls
- [RELIABLE AND DURABLE]: Premium 0.5mm phosphor unibody copper bar has strong electricity conductivity, 10000+ hot-swapping supported for UL498 certified AC outlets; 94V0 fireproof materials can bear high temperature up to 750℃
Z-wave vs. Wi-Fi, that is the question. Do you need a hub or go hubless? In this eppisode we will review 12 different smart plug in modules from 9 different manufacturers. Go over the pros and cons of each and show what they look like in an outlet. All of these plugs work with the Amazon Echo. Some of these will work with the Wink Hub, SmartThings and IFTTT.
- Fully integrated with Amazon Alexa Echo/ Dot.
- Requires a VeSync account and smart phone app
- Scheduling your outlets at home can eliminate wasteful use of your electricity, and help you save on bills
- The VeSync app can track how much power each device uses, and how often it is used
- Control your devices with the VeSync app through any Wi-Fi network connection or cellular network; ideal for hard-to-reach appliances & devices without ON/OFF switches
The most common question I get is “can I use a regular 3 way switch with a smart switch”. In this video, I answer this question as well as review some non-standard wiring configurations for 3-way switches. Also, at the end, I go over how to wire in a 4 way smart switch.
Trying to figure out where to start your smart home.Today we are going to review Part 2 of how to start your smart home with Lighting and Switches.
In Part 1 of the how to start your smart home series we talked about the need for a smart hub. In that video I mentioned that a great place to start your DIY smart home automation was with lighting. The reason for this is because lighting is the most versatile of all smart home features.
Today we are going to review the Watts 500800 hot water recirculation pump. I get pretty tired of waiting for hot water whenever I’m trying to wash my hands or take a shower. Especially in the winter months when the water is ice cold coming from the tap. And in my opinion, dumping gallons of water down the drain is not an effective water conservation strategy in drought stricken areas.
- Conserve Water – Up to 15,000 gallons of water per year
- Save Money – Up to 10% of your water bill
- Maintenance Free
- Easy to install in less than 1 hour
- Includes: Pump with timer, 2 adapters with rubber washers, valve mounting screws, sensor valve, two 12-inch supply lines
Review of the Sun Joe iON 40 volt, 16-inch cordless lawn mower. Last year, I did a video review of the Sun Joe Mow Joe 14-inch, 110 volt electric lawn mower. I like that lawn mower a lot. At the time I did this video, you could still find that lawn mower for sale.