When most people think about motion detection, they think of the security aspect. While this is an important factor, we are going to explore motion detection for automation and control. In my video about the smart garage door opener, I showed you a robot that turns on my garage light when the garage door opens.
Product review of the Chamberlain MyQ Wireless Garage Door Opener. This wifi enabled smart home opener can connect into your Wink or other smart home hub to allow you to have full control over your garage door from anywhere in the world through your smart phone. The MyQ add-on is perfect for DIY installation. In fact, it is so simple that any do it yourselfer can handle the task. Monitor the position of the garage door through the MyQ app or your Wink App, and close the door if you accidently left it open after leaving home.
- Remotely monitor movement inside your home with Simply installation and setup – no drilling required.
- Pet forgiveness allows for three different modes controlled by internal jumper
- Compatible Controllers: SmartThings, Staples Connect, Vera, HomeSeer, Nexia and Piper
- Includes 3V CR123A Battery which can last up to 6 years
Compatible with Wink when used as a Zwave Sensor
Step by step DIY installation instructions for the Leviton VRS15-1LZ In-Wall Smart Switch. This zwave wall switch is an elegant addition to your home automation project and it connects easily to your Wink Hub or SmartThings controller.
- High-strength, heat treated chrome vanadium steel shafts
- Corrosion-resistant chrome plated finish
- Comfortable handles with non-slip rubber grips
- Swivel end cap allows constant finger pressure while driving
- Magnetized tips prevent dropped fasteners
Today we are going to use the Yonomi app to better integrate Alexa with your smart home hub. The Amazon Echo is probably one of the coolest new smart home tech devices. Today we are going to look at how you can make the Echo even smarter using the Yonomi Skill and the Latest enhancements to the Wink Skill.